Quest Protein Chips are potato chips made of protein blend that consists of milk protein and whey protein isolate with a small amounts of corn starch for the crunchiness. Quest Protein Chips come in a variety of flavors to tease your taste buds.
In comparison to other chips such as Lay’s chips, Quest Protein Chips are different and better in terms of nutritional content.
A full packet of Quest chips which weighs 32 grams has about 120 calories.
This is 25% less than a similar packet of Lay’s Chips.
In addition, Quest Protein Chips have 21 grams of protein that is of high quality and 5g carbs with 2g fat. The nutrients are suitable for any kind of it.
The protein blend, which is a combination of milk protein isolate and whey protein isolate; is the same protein blend that is in Quest bars.
Quest Protein Chips come in a variety of flavors such as
1. Cheddar & sour cream.
3. Sea salt
The chips also contain corn starch, potato chips, and sunflower oil as the other ingredients.
All the flavors contain the four ingredients in addition to their individual flavors.
Through experience, most high protein snacks in the market do not have a welcoming taste; it is like being a healthy snack means being bland in terms of taste. The better tasting chips are of no or little nutritional value.
Quest has managed to accomplish both; nutrition and taste, in their new protein chips. Quest Protein Chips have a perfect texture with a crunchy bite. The chips are also airy and light.
Are they Keto Friendly?
A bag contains 18 of protein which could deter your Ketosis journey when you take too much of the chips. You are advised to take only one bag of Quest Protein Chips per day if you are on a keto diet.
A Ketogenic (keto) diet is a diet low in carbohydrates but high in fats. This type of diet has numerous health benefits such aiding in weight loss and general improvement of health. Studies have shown that keto diets are also beneficial in the fight against diabetes, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, and epilepsy.Therefore they are good for your health as they have quite a lot of benefits.
This applies to all the food you take when you are on a keto diet. Snacks are one of the things that can make you fail in implementing a successful keto diet.
Quest Protein Chips are one of the snacks that you can take without having to worry about ‘cheating’ on your keto journey until limited quantity.
The snacks contain low carbs per 100g making them ideal for those on a keto diet.
- ENJOY MORE. CARB LESS: The Quest Nacho Cheese Tortilla Style Protein Chips provide all the crunch and satisfying taste of a regular tortilla chip. Only ours have 18g of protein and 4g net carbs per bag
- CRUNCH INTO COMPLETE PROTEINS: The Quest Nacho Cheese Tortilla Style Protein Chips are made with complete, dairy-based proteins to provide your body with 9 essential amino acids
- SALTY, SAVORY, CRUNCHY: Quest Nacho Cheese Tortilla Style Protein Chips are seasoned to perfection and contain no added soy ingredients
- BAKED, NEVER FRIED: Quest Nacho Cheese Tortilla Style Protein Chips are baked to provide you with the satisfying crunch you crave without adding oils to your chips
- CHIPS THAT TRAVEL WITH YOU: Take Quest Nacho Cheese Tortilla Style Protein Chips with you in your backpack, purse, car console, gym bag or wherever your adventures take you
A bag of Quest Protein Chips has about 4 net carbs which is considered keto friendly. However, you should limit the number of bags of Quest Protein Chips you take in a day due to the high protein content.
When on a keto diet, you have to consider the following in the products you intend on using
• Net carbs per serving – establish the amount of carbohydrates in the product
• Net carbs per 100 calories – establishing the amount of carbs per 100g is better than looking at the whole package. This is because pack sizes may vary thus end up giving an outright carb amount.
Also, measuring net carbs out of 100 grams is how keto friendly measurements are made instead of net carbs per serving. If a product has a lower ratio, it might be an indication of higher fat content as fats have more calories per gram; more than carbohydrates and proteins.
• Sugar – you should always look for the amount of sugar in a product. This is because sugar has a high glycemic index and it negatively affects the impact of ketosis than other carbohydrates.
• Hidden Carbohydrates – carbohydrates are hidden in glycemic indexes and caloric values of ingredients where they may be classified as sugar alcohols or fibers.
• Easy to overact – some food are so tasty such that you may end up overeating, therefore, you need extra will power to limit eating in excess which is important if you are on a keto diet.
• Nutritional Density – you should also look at the nutritional density as foods that have high net carbs per 100 calories but with high nutrition per calories are worth eating, such as, cauliflower and broccoli.
Types of Quest Protein Chips
Cheddar & Sour Cream
The cheddar & sour cream flavor has a sharp and delicious flavor; a mix of onion, sour cream, and cheddar cheese. The sour cream is not as strong as the cheddar flavor which is understandable as cheddar is the primary ingredient that is part of the chip flavor’s profile.
I think that the garlic powder, buttermilk powder, and onion powder bring out the flavor of sour milk. The flavor is so good that one can eat as many bags as they afford.
The Cheddar & Sour Cream flavors contain 3g carbs per 130 calories in the 32g bag, 2.3 carbs per 100 calories with 0g sugar
- ENJOY MORE. CARB LESS: The Quest Loaded Taco Tortilla Style Protein Chips provide all the crunch and satisfying taste of a regular tortilla chip. Only ours have 19g of protein and 4g net carbs per bag
- CRUNCH INTO COMPLETE PROTEINS: The Quest Loaded Taco Tortilla Style Protein Chips are made with complete, dairy-based proteins to provide your body with 9 essential amino acids
- SALTY, SAVORY, CRUNCHY: Quest Loaded Taco Tortilla Style Protein Chips are seasoned to perfection and contain no added soy ingredients
- BAKED, NEVER FRIED: Quest Loaded Taco Tortilla Style Protein Chips are baked to provide you with the satisfying crunch you crave without adding oils to your chips
- CHIPS THAT TRAVEL WITH YOU: Take Quest Loaded Taco Tortilla Style Protein Chips with you in your backpack, purse, car console, gym bag or wherever your adventures take you
- KETO SNACKS: Each bag of Keto Snack Chips contains less than 1 gram of sugar and only 3g of net carbs. Our ketogenic snack is great for all of your adventures at home, the gym, travel, or the office.
- KETO CHIPS: The perfect low sugar and low carb snack to satisfy your hunger craving while maintaining your keto diet.
- SAVORY CRUNCH: Our savory keto chips contain 8g of protein, premium MCT’s, and up to 2g of fiber to help you stay energized throughout the day.
- DELICIOUS PROTEIN CHIPS: Eat healthy without sacrificing taste. THE PERFECT LOW CARB SNACK: Curve cravings throughout the day by eating this healthy and delicious keto snack chip.
- LOW CARB: Genius Gourmet Low Carb Keto Chips are proudly made in the USA and they are a great alternative to keto tortilla chips, vegetable chips, pork rinds and more. Now everyone can enjoy and indulge in a delicious keto snack whenever they want.
- YOU DESERVE A COOKIE: The Quest Double Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies provide you with a sweet, soft & chewy cookie with 15g protein, 5g net carbs and less 1g of sugar.
- UNWRAP COMPLETE PROTEINS: Quest Double Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies are made with complete, dairy-based proteins to provide you with 9 essential amino acids.
- FIBER IS YOUR FRIEND: Quest Double Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies have 11g of fiber to provide your body with a more complete macro profile.
- SWEET WITHOUT ALL THE SUGAR: Enjoy the sweet taste of a double chocolate chip cookie with less than 1g of sugar.
- TREATS THAT TRAVEL WITH YOU: Take Quest Double Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies with you in your backpack, purse, car console, cup holder, gym bag or wherever your adventures take you.
- JUST 100% ARTISANAL CHEESE: Every Whisps crisp is baked in small batches with herbs and spices, created by master cheesemakers in the USA
- KETO-FRIENDLY & GLUTEN-FREE: Keto-Friendly and Gluten-Free. Made in a facility that doesn’t process nuts
- LOW CARB & HIGH PROTEIN: With either zero or very low sugar per serving, and high amounts of protein, Whisps is great for snacking on the go or entertaining at home
- rBGH FREE & rBST FREE: Premium milk from local farms and an excellent source of calcium. Each serving has as much protein and Calcium as a glass of milk
- REAL PREMIUM INGREDIENTS: No preservatives or artificial ingredients. This delicious snack is a great alternative for chips and crackers! Perfect for snacking straight out of the bag or adding to your soups, salads, or appetizer plate
- Only 1G net carb per serving
- Dairy free, soy free, and vegan friendly
- The magic is in the ingredients: top shelf cocoa liquor and high quality cocoa butter pair excellently with our monk fruit, creating a subtle sweet with no aftertaste and no sugar alcohols
BBQ is another delicious chip from the range of Quest Protein Chips; the BBQ flavor is on point. Most BBQ chips in the market have a little smoky and sweet flavor. The Quest Protein Chips with BBQ flavor have 21 grams of protein in each serving.
The BBQ flavor is obtained from the combination of paprika, tomato powder, garlic powder, and onion powder which gives a strong and addictive flavor. The BBQ flavor is on the same level with the cheddar & sour cream flavor.
The BBQ flavor protein chips has 2g of carbs per 130 calorie in the 32g bag, 1.5g carbs per 100g calories with 0g sugar.
This is an understated flavor when compared to the other two, that is, the cheddar & sour cream and the BBQ flavors. It is basically plain in flavor as the only thing that has been added to it is sea salt.
I think it was just a plain Quest Protein Chip with sea salt added to it.
Sea salt is not a strong flavor as the other ingredients that have been added to the other flavors.
This makes it less addictive than the other flavors. This does not mean that the flavor is bad; it is good for those who do not prefer strong flavors or prefer natural flavors.
Quest Tortilla Chips
Quest Tortilla Chips are another type of chips that are keto friendly. The tortilla chips are baked not fried and they are made with milk and whey protein isolates, making them a healthy snack.
They are low in carbohydrates and calories hence can be eaten by someone on a low carb diet or keto. Tortilla Chips are gluten free, potato free, soy free, and all natural.Quest Tortilla Style Chips feed your savory and crunchy cravings. Quest Chips provides the body with the necessary ingredients to help you in your daily activities.
Quest Tortilla Chips contain more protein, a crunchy texture, and improved taste that gives the illusion that one is chewing on junk food. Each pack contains 4g of carbs, 19g proteins, 4.5g fat, and 140 calories.
Each product has proteins derived from dairy products that give your body 9 amino acids. They come in three flavors, that is, Nacho, Chilli Lime, and Ranch Quest Tortilla Style Protein Chips.
How does Quest Tortilla Chips Taste Like ?
The Quest range of tortilla chips are a great snack for a low carb walking taco, they all burst with flavor like their Dorito equivalents.
If you liked Doritos, then you will love Quest Tortilla Chips as Ranch and Nacho Cheese burst with flavor where they imitate the flavors of Doritos.
The Ranch flavor has a zesty buttermilk flavor with a Smokey touch but absolutely has a nice bite. The Nacho Cheese flavor is cheesy and tangy with a red color, but they are so good that you are left licking your fingers.
They have a slight taste of protein but the taste is masked by the seasoning really well. I was impressed by their overall taste none the less.
Quest Tortilla Chips Texture
The first thing you notice about the texture of Quest Tortilla Chips is their crunchy texture. In comparison to Doritos, they are lighter, smaller, and thinner in size making them fragile hence you have to be careful when handling them especially for the retail sellers.
The protein chips are triangular in shape coated with Quest’s distinctive spice blends. However, the Nacho Cheese has more flavors such that it’s enough to leave some on the tips of fingers after the packet is empty. This may be annoying for some people but I think its part of the fun, just like Doritos.
Price & Availability
A bag of Quest Tortilla Chips cost a little over range decent range which is quite affordable to most people. They are available at most of the GNC stores, some grocers and from internet retail traders. You can also find them on Amazon
Will eating Quest protein chips take me out of Ketosis?
You are advised to take only one bag of Quest Protein Chips per day if you are on a keto diet. Limited Quantity of Chips will not Kick you out of Ketosis.
Are Quest protein bars healthy?
Yes They are, Question Protein chips are great source of protein and low carb, So if you are on Keto Diet they are best source of protein as evening snacks.
Pros of Quest Protein Chips
• Made with high quality proteins, that is, Milk and Whey Isolates
• It is all natural
• They are not fried but baked
• Potato, gluten and soy free
• Keto and low carb friendly
• 4g net carbs and 18g protein in one bag
• One of the best sellers on Amazon in the keto snacks category
Cons of Quest Protein Chips
Quest Protein Chips contain high amounts of protein thus making them off limits to people with a protein allergy.
They are also not suitable for vegans because of the protein as it is derived from dairy products.
Quest Protein Chips are also processed in a wheat processing facility. Despite them being labeled as being gluten-free, there is still a chance of cross-contamination.
This can affect people are gluten and celiac intolerant. Also, most people on a low carb or keto diet do not take wheat products hence should take this into consideration.
Where to Purchase Quest Protein Chips?
Quest Protein Chips are available on Amazon and they come in packs of 8 at an affordable price.
Make sure you introduce new Quest Protein Chips to your friends on keto diet as they are a perfect snack for them.
The Low Carb tortilla chips are full of texture and flavor but even though they almost taste the same as Doritos, have in mind that they do not taste as good as Doritos. They are, however, delicious in their own unique way.
Quest Tortilla chips are not the perfect chip for dripping as they are delicate with a potential for breakage when dipping. The cheddar cheese flavor could be better for that instead.
The Nacho Cheese flavor is my favorite due to the amount of cheese in it. It is suitable for crushing on top of a tack salad which makes them heavenly!
No matter the type of Quest Protein Chips you choose to indulge in, be assured that you are getting a healthy and nutritious snack.
It is a healthy snack that you can also introduce to your children as they it will help in part of their nutrition needs. You can use these instead of feeding your children on unhealthy snacks that contain too much sugar that could lead to obesity and diabetes in future.
The cheddar cheese & sour cream, BBQ, Sea Salt and Tortilla Chips will leave your taste buds asking for more as the flavors are out of this world.
Quest Protein Chips are among the top selling protein chips on Amazon proving that they are a consumers’ favorite. This has been necessitated by their high quality and high amounts of proteins with low carbs per 100 calories.
Make your order today and recommend them to your friends especially those that are on a pure carbohydrates and keto diet. They will thank you for it!